From the cyber breach front, MeriTalk provides more details on the settlement of the lawsuit against OPM over the massive 2015 data breach.
The lead counsel in the class action said that individual victims are in line for minimum payments of $700 each under the terms of the settlement, which still needs to be finalized. * * *
The preliminary settlement agreement will be subject to further consideration at a fairness hearing set for Oct. 14.
From the cyber vulnerabilities front,
- Here is a link to CISA’s known exploited vulnerabilities catalog. Bookmark that one.
- Becker’s Hospital Review explains why “Cybersecurity experts say that the two biggest threats to healthcare cybersecurity are insider threats and ransomware.”
- Security Week reports “Microsoft has fixed roughly 50 vulnerabilities with its June 2022 Patch Tuesday updates, including the actively exploited flaw known as Follina and CVE-2022-30190.”
From the ransomware front
- Cybersecurity Dive discusses how ransomware groups are shifting tactics and objectives.
- Here is a link to Bleeping Computer’s The Week in Ransomware.
From the cyber defense front
- HHS’s Healthcare Cybersecurity Coordination Center (HC3) offers a presentation about strengthening cyber posture in the health sector.
- Health IT Security discusses the HC3 presentation.
- HealthIT.gov released a new version of its HIPAA security risk assessment tool.
- TechRepublic reports that half of IT leaders want to implement more robust alternatives to passwords, and it describes options.
- ISACA Journal offers an article on how businesses can reduce cybersecurity exposures to and from third parties.