Here’s OPM’s announcement. The FEHBlog will be listening.
HEALTH REFORM’S IMPACT ON FEDERAL BENEFITS
OPEN SEASON DECISIONS
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 1:30 pm- 2:30 pm Eastern Time
– “What do I need to know about health care reform when making my Open Season decisions?”
– “Can I add my adult child to my Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) plan?”
– “Can I add my married child to my FEHB plan?”
– “When is the soonest I can add my newly eligible child to my FEHB plan? How do I do that?”
– “Does health care reform change what is an eligible expense under a healthcare flexible spending account?”
For answers to these and related questions, OPM’s Healthcare and Insurance staff invites you to join us for a live internet webcast on Wednesday, November 10th from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time (12:30-1:30 p.m. Central, 11:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m. Mountain, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Pacific). The webcast will discuss the impact of health care reform (the Affordable Care Act) on the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program and the Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS). The webcast will explain how child eligibility under FEHB is expanding in 2011 and will also discuss changes under FSAFEDS.
· The program will be viewable starting at 1:30 PM Eastern Time via webcast using the link below.
· To view the webcast online, you must use a broadband (high-speed) internet connection.
· Anyone intending to watch the webcast online should test the webcast stream right away. To test the webcast stream, click on the link below. If you have any issues, contact your office’s IT help desk.
· The link to view the webcast is http://pointers.audiovideoweb.com/stcasx/il83winlive3146/play.asx.
– You will need Windows Media Player 9 to view the webcast.
· The link to view Captioning is: http://textcast.peoplesupport.com/textcast.asp?stream=usopm
– The webcast and the captioning will run in two separate windows and will need to be run side by side. If you wish to view the captioning you will need to download a SUN Java plug-in. Go to the link and it will prompt you for the download if you do not already have it.
If you miss the webcast, you can download the presentation at www.opm.gov/insure. The presentation should be available a few days after the webcast.